Backed by 60 years of expertise in the AV industry, Vanco International manufactures pro audio video products that come fully-tested from their U.S. headquarters. Top Vanco products include Cat5, Cat6, Vanco HDMI Cables, adapters, splitters, extenders, switches, wall plates and more!
In this post, we’ll cover Vanco’s Evolution line — a carefully curated line of pro audio and video distribution products that includes:
- HDMI over IP
- IR Distribution
- Matrix Selector Switches
- Recorders and Analyzers
The latest Vanco Evolution products address both residential and commercial AV system applications with features such as 4K compatibility, HDMI and HDBaseT formats, enabling residential and CAV integrators to install efficient, high-performing AV systems.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at two of the latest products from the Vanco Evolution line, that are making a buzz in the market:
Vanco EV4K2006 Evolution 4K HDMI Extender
An upgrade to the Vanco EVEX2006 Evolution Ultra Slim HDMI over Single Cat5e/Cat6 Cable Extender with PoE, the Evolution EV4K2006 4K HDMI extender offers added 4K capabilities and can be integrated in AV installations of any scale and size.
The EV4K2006 model comes with both a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter captures the HDMI input using IR signals and transmits the signal over a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable. The receiver is responsible for equalizing the HDMI signal received, and reconstruction of the IR signal.
Vanco’s EV4K2006 HDMI extender is a highly convenient solution for integrators as it offers HDMI extension with bi-directional IR, bi-directional PoE, and auto EDID/EQ — enabling either the transmitting or receiving unit to be powered without a power supply. This feature alone, expands its capability to be integrated into many different types of applications, and it’s slim and compact design ensures smoother installations for residential and CAV technicians.
In a recent press release, Mark Corbin, president of Vanco International emphasized:
“The demand for 4K video is growing, so we feel that the EV4K2006 is an excellent option for installers looking to expand 4K within systems of any size and scale, commercial or residential alike.”
Designed with the installer in mind, below are the top features of the EV4K2006 4K HDMI Extender:
- Allows HDMI audio/video signals to be transmitted using a single Cat5e or Cat6 Cable
- Transmission Range: Extends 4K@60Hz, 4:4:4 Chroma up to 164ft/50m and 4K@30Hz, 4:4:4 Chroma and HDR up to 130ft/40m over a single Cat5e/6 cable
- Features Power over Ethernet (PoE) Technology which transmits power over Cat5e/Cat6, allowing the transmitter and receiver to be powered off of a single power supply
- Wideband bi-directional IR signal from 20KHz to 60KHz allows for dynamic control of source or display (IR accessories included)
- Auto EDID and EQ Management, auto-adjust for plug and play installation
- HDR10 Compatible
- HDCP 2.2 compliant — compatible with HDMI and HDCP compliant devices
- Supports uncompressed 7.1ch digital audio, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD high bit rate audio
Vanco EVSW1042 Evolution 4K 4×1 HDMI Switch with ARC and HDR
Need up to 4 HDMI sources to be distributed to one display?
Residential and commercial integrators can do just that with the Vanco EVSW1042 HDMI 4×1 Switcher. Integrators also have full control on each connected source, and switching inputs from the display remotely using an IR remote.
This unit can be labeled as one of the most advanced HDMI switchers for 4K transmission in the market today, as it is not only capable of providing up to 4K/60Hz Ultra High Definition resolution and 4:4:4 chroma capability but is also HDR compatible and HDCP 2.2 compliant. This unit also enables the switching of multiple sources on 1 display, by creating added HDMI inputs.
It also allows integrators to select their preferred type of audio transmission using EDID management for audio.
This unit comes equipped with ARC (Audio Return Channel) functionality. This allows any connected ARC enabled display to transmit audio “upstream” to an ARC enabled AV receiving unit or surround audio controller, through toslink or stereo output, expanding audio distribution capabilities.
Integrators can also control the main switching via RS-232 and/or IR.
Key Features include:
- Allows 4K2K (2160p @60Hz w/ 4:4:4 color sampling) Ultra High Definition Resolutions
- Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Features Audio EDID management which allows selection of preferred audio channel
- Supports auto switching or manual switching mode
- IR pass-through for source control with included IR accessories
- Controllable via RS-232 and/or IR
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) functionality
- Supports PCM- Dolby TrueHD- and DTS-HD Master Audio up to 7.1 CH audio formats
- Digital and analog audio outputs for audio extraction
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
The Vanco EVSW1042 Evolution 4K 4×1 HDMI Switch with ARC and HDR is no doubt an excellent solution for HDMI switching as it provides complete 4K functionality along with a suite of added features, making it a great choice for any residential and pro AV application.
Looking for pro audio video distribution products? Serving the pros for over 80 years, PacRad is a leading Vanco distributor in Burbank, California.
Shop with us in-store or online!