Cable management is a crucial aspect of the work of audio and video (AV) technicians. Whether it’s for a live performance or a film shoot, managing cables efficiently can save time, reduce stress, and improve overall work quality. Disorganized cables, on the other hand, can cause confusion, delays, and even accidents.
This is where Schill Cable Reels come in.
Schill cable reels are high-quality cable management solutions that empower AV technicians in maximizing their efficiency and productivity. They are expertly designed to keep cables organized, prevent tangles, and make cable transportation and storage a breeze. Schill cable reels can help you manage your cables with ease whether you’re working with audio, video, lighting, or any other type of equipment.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the advantages of Schill cable reels and how they can assist you in achieving your cable management goals. We’ll also go over how to use Schill cable reels effectively and how to choose the right model for your needs. So, let’s get started!
Key Benefits of Schill Cable Reels
There are several significant advantages to using Schill Cable Reels for cable management, including:
Cable organization: Schill cable reels assist in keeping your cables organized, preventing tangles and knots that can be time-consuming to undo. They allow you to wind up your cables quickly and easily, keeping them neat and tidy. This makes it much easier to find the cable you need and to set up and pack away your equipment.
Dependable cable transportation: Extremely durable, these cable reels are manufactured with high-quality materials that can withstand heavy use and frequent transportation. The reels are built to be tough and long lasting, making them suitable for use in a variety of settings ranging from concert halls to film sets.
Portability and flexibility: The cable reels are lightweight and portable, making them ideal for on-the-go use. They are available in a variety of sizes and configurations, allowing you to select the best reel for your specific needs. Schill Cable Reels are also designed to be flexible, with adjustable features that allow you to customize the reel to fit your cables perfectly.
Schill Cable Reel Industrial Applications
Schill cable reels are used by a wide range of professionals in a multitude of industries that require a reliable and durable solution for cable management.
Some common applications of Schill cable reels include:
- Audio and Video: Schill cable reels are commonly used by audio and video technicians who need to manage and organize cables for concerts, events, and live performances.
- Film and Television: Schill cable reels are also popular among film and television crews who need to manage cables for lighting, sound, and other equipment on set.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: The reels are also popular in industrial and manufacturing to manage cables for machines, equipment, and other applications.
- Construction: Schill cable reels are also used in construction job sites to manage cables for power tools, lighting, and other equipment.
- Military and Government: Military and government agencies use Schill cable reels to manage cables for communication, surveillance, and other applications.
How AV Technicians Can Use Schill Cable Reels
Here are some specific examples of how Schill Cable Reels can assist AV technicians:
Setting up for a live performance: You must be able to move quickly and efficiently when setting up for a live performance. Schill cable reels make it simple to wind up your cables and transport them to the stage, where they can be quickly unraveled and connected to the sound system.
Filming on location: On-location filming requires the ability to transport your equipment swiftly. Schill cable reels make it simple to pack up your cables and relocate them without tangles or knots.
Managing cables in a recording studio: In a recording studio, it’s essential to locate the correct cable easily. You can keep your cables organized and accessible with Schill cable reels, reducing the time and effort required to set up your equipment.
Types of Schill Cable Reels
Schill cable reels are available in different sizes and configurations and include features such as:
- .OPEN – open reel
- S0 – includes a blank tooling plate
- RM – comes with an auxiliary spool
- MFK – has a latching door
- RMFK – equipped with a latching door and an auxiliary spool
- MS3 – includes a 3-pole flat slip ring
Watch this brief video overview to get an overall idea of all the different types of cable reels Schill designs.
Schill’s most popular hand-wound cable reels include:
- GT series is a popular and versatile hand-wound cable reel available in different sizes
- Made of a special synthetic rubber material that is tough, lightweight, and highly durable
- As resilient as steel reels but much lighter in weight and virtually unbreakable
- Material can operate in temperatures ranging from -20°C to 70°C and is resistant to chemicals, petrol, and oil
- Weather-resistant and can cope with the harshest conditions
- HT series cable reels are made to accommodate a variety of cable sizes and lengths
- They have powder-coated steel flanges with rolled edges to protect cables and are extremely impact and abrasion resistant
- The heavy-duty steel stand is sturdy, and a friction brake ensures smooth rewind and stowage. When external metal earthing is required, a brass earth bar is installed between the front and rear flanges
- Except for the HT 260 and HT 300, all reels feature a removable tooling plate for mounting sockets or changing reel configuration. Some models also include a slip ring assembly that allows the user to pay out cable without having to disconnect from the power source
- HT series cable reels are available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including S0 (blank tooling plate), RM (auxiliary spool), MFK (latching door), and MS (with slip ring)
- These cable reels, available in orange or black, are recommended for frequent outdoor use and in extremely harsh conditions
IT (Thermoplastic) Series
- IT series cable reels are made of high-quality thermoplastic material
- Designed for use in tough conditions and provide maximum protection against electrical accidents
- Resistant to chemicals, petrol, and oils
- Can withstand temperatures ranging from -20°C to +60°C
- Ergonomically designed hand grips are heat-resistant up to +70°C
- Available in a wide range of configurations for optimum utility
- All reels have a friction brake for safe cable stowage and transportation
- Removable tooling plate for mounting sockets or changing the reel configuration, except for IT 240 and IT 300
- Some versions are available with a slip ring assembly to access cable without disconnecting from the power source
- SK is a range of high-quality impact-resistant rubber drums that can be stackable and come with powder-coated steel frames
- The drums have oversized centers for cables with large bend radii
- They have smooth rewind and friction brake for safe stowage
- Can transport very long lengths or large diameter cables
- Strong and stable steel frames with twin carry handles
- Steel crank handle for easy movement
- Available as .S0 versions or with an auxiliary spool fitted in .RM versions
Schill Stage Cable Reels
Schill Stage Cable Reels are specifically designed for use in live events and performances, making them a popular choice among AV technicians who work in the entertainment industry. These reels are designed to be durable and reliable, with features like robust housing, reinforced steel frames, and heavy-duty cable guides that can withstand the rigors of frequent use and transportation.
Schill Stage Cable Reels come in a range of sizes and configurations, from small reels designed for use with portable equipment to larger reels that can hold longer cables. They can hold a variety of cable types, including audio, video, and power cables, making them ideal for use in complex setups. Some Schill Stage Cable Reels also come with built-in safety features, like locking mechanisms and automatic cable winding, to help prevent accidents and ensure that cables are stored safely and securely.
These reels are a reliable and efficient solution for managing cables in live performance settings, helping AV technicians to work more efficiently and safely.
Popular Schill Cable Reels and Their Uses
- A portable cable reel that is both compact and lightweight
- Has a robust steel frame and a locking mechanism for added safety and security
- Can hold up to 300 feet of cable
- A heavy-duty cable reel intended for use in live performances and events
- Has a reinforced steel frame, non-slip handles, and a locking mechanism for added safety
- Can hold up to 380 feet of cable
- A high-capacity cable reel intended for use with heavy-gauge power cables
- Has a reinforced steel frame and a locking mechanism for added safety and security
- Can hold up to 582 feet of cable
- Heavy-duty cable reel designed for demanding applications
- Features a sturdy steel frame with twin carrying handles for easy transport
- The reel has an auxiliary spool fitted for added convenience and versatility
- The drum center is oversized and ventilated to accommodate cables with large bend radii
- Suitable for transporting long lengths or large diameter cables
- Weather-resistant and can withstand harsh environmental conditions
- A reliable and durable option for audiovisual technicians, stagehands, and other professionals who require high-quality cable management tools
All of these models of Schill cable reels are designed to be durable and reliable, with features like corrosion-resistant materials, non-slip handles, and cable guides to ensure easy cable management. They are also versatile and can hold a variety of cable types, including audio, video, and power cables, making them a popular choice among AV technicians and production professionals.
Cable management is an important component of any AV technician’s job, and Schill cable reels are a powerful tool that may greatly increase productivity and organization.
Schill cable reels have numerous advantages, including organization, durability, dependability, mobility, and flexibility. By properly selecting and using the right cable reel for your specific needs, you can save time and effort while also ensuring that your cables are properly managed and protected.
At Pacrad, we encourage you to experiment with Schill cable reels and explore how they might help your work as an AV technician. We carry a wide range of many different types and models of Schill cable reels and will be happy to help you pick the right one for your needs!