What makes the Simply45™ Pass Through RJ45 Termination System stand out?
According to the website for the USA designed and TAA compliant pass through system:
“We re-engineered the pass through RJ45 modular plug to be simply better quality, simply easier to use and simply more affordable.”
In fact, Simply45 was featured as one of the Best of Show winners at InfoComm International 2019 by AV technology, and chosen from literally thousands of other products, representing it’s exceptional achievement in product design and development.
And there’s good reason why…
In this post, we’ll look at the key features that make the Simply 45 pass through RJ45 termination system stand out and some of the key products the line offers:
- Color Tinted Cap & Connector — Both the jar cap and the connector color match for easy identification of the connector type.
- CAT6A – Red jar cap and plug
- CAT 6 – Green jar cap and plug
- CAT 5E – Blue jar cap and plug
- Boot CAT5E – Blue to match CAT5E plugs
- Boot CAT6 – Clear to be used with CAT5E-SH, CAT6 and CAT6E plugs
- Multiple Plug Options — Different plug sizes are available for different wire sizes. Types include CAT6A and CAT6 UTP, CAT5E UTP and STP. All plugs and boots are also UL-listed
- True 50 Micro-Inch Pure Gold Contact — Get improved performance and decreased resistance with 24 carat hard gold-plating in the contact area
- Better Conductivity — Contacts are designed with 3 points or pins that help support the wire, piercing the wire insulation and clasping the wire tight for improved conduction
- Industry Leading Flammability Rating — Simply25 plugs and boots have the highest flammability rating as per UL94 V0
- Slim Boot Design — Designed to be the same width as the connector, a slim boot profile makes for cleaner installations
- Installer Friendly Crimper — Heavy-duty ratcheted crimper ensures quicker and cleaner terminations
Simply 45 RJ45 Modular Plugs
Simply45 modular plugs are uniquely designed to be better quality, easier to use and “simply more affordable.”
The RJ45 plugs are UL94 V0 rated and are designed to allow the wire conductors to pass through the front of the connector completely, so you can easily view and verify the wire order prior to crimping.
The contact plating for each plug is min 50 micro-inch pure gold (24 carat hard gold plate) and exceeds ANSI/TIA-1096-A specifications.
- RJ45 for most Cat5e UTP (unshielded) 24 AWG solid cables
- Other applications: unshielded cables such as Cat5e Stranded, Cat6 Stranded, and Cat6a Stranded
- 100 pieces/jar
- RJ45 for most Cat5e STP (shielded) 24 AWG solid cable
- Other applications: shielded cables such as Cat5e stranded, Cat6 stranded, and Cat6a stranded
- 50 pieces/jar
- RJ45 for most Cat6 UTP (unshielded) 23 AWG solid cable
- Other applications: unshielded cables such as larger diameter Cat5e
- 100 pieces/jar
- RJ45 for most larger diameter unshielded Cat6 UTP 23 AWG solid and Cat6a UTP 23 AWG solid cable
- Accommodates thicker wire conductors, and larger OD (overall diameter) Cat6/6a cables
- 100 pieces/jar
Simply 45 RJ45 Boots
Simply45 boots are designed to lock into the modular plugs allowing both the plug and the boot to be crimped together in one step.
The boots protect against over-crimping, provide a clean and professional termination and maintain the appropriate bend radius for cable performance. UL, RoHS, FCC and TAA compliant.
Simply 45 Heavy-Duty Crimp Tool
A highly affordable crimping tool that cuts, strips, crimps and trims! The Simply 45 Heavy-Duty Crimp Tool is designed specially to work with Simply45 connectors and boots but can also be used with other pass through RJ45 modular plugs.
Key features include:
- Ratcheted design for uniform crimping, preventing incomplete terminations
- Wrapped reinforced steel for exceptional durability
- Precise trimming blade for flush cuts
- Engraved-in A/B wiring guide
- Ergonomic grip reduces hand fatigue and slipping
Replacement blades for the Simply45 crimp tool can be found here.
Simply 45 Stripper
A must-have for every ProAV and CAV integrator!
An easy to operate LAN cable stripper designed for professional use, the Simply45 Stripper can be adjusted to accurately cut and strip UTP/STP copper cables including Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a & Cat7a. Highly recommended for Plenum, LSZH, PE & PVC cable jackets.
Also, features a built-in wire conductor straightener. Designed in the USA!
Available in two colors:
A premium, pro-quality LAN cable flush cutter, the USA designed and TAA compliant Simply45 5″ cutter features an angled jaw for clean, precision cuts and is perfect for trimming LAN cables.
Built using high carbon steel it features an ergonomic cushioned grip for superior comfort.
Simply45 is also set to release their Pro Series along with pass through RJ45 modular plugs for Cat6 Shielded, and 10G Shielded (Cat6a/Cat7a) cables. Watch our site for more Simply45 products.
For everything ProAV and CAV visit us in-store or online!